Friday, March 2, 2012

“Passion Flower” – Day 5

I’ve added some light pink and dark purple to the petals of my passion flower, and I’m feeling better about them. I didn’t get much time to stitch yesterday, but I’m making steady progress. Some days I just have to grab a few minutes here and there, as I’m busy running kids to appointments, lessons and practices.


This piece will probably end up being about 16" x 20". I really love the combination of colors in this piece. I’m glad I decided to go with a brighter pink for the flower, instead the duller purple color it really was. 


Here are the threads I’ve used so far. This is my favorite thread for thread sketching, Aurifil Cotton Mako 50 weight. Nice and light, so I can build up the thread as much or little as is needed. I will be adding some other shades of green when I get down to work on the leaves.