Sunday, March 11, 2012

Heirloom Pumpkins, Day 3


I've added some lighter thread colors on the main pumpkin in the foreground, and it is looking more dimensional. The photos in this post were taken outside, so the colors are more true. I took the previous photos inside, under artificial lights.


I added some orange and green thread in the shadowed area, which I think is helping to make this transition not quite so sharp.


There’s a lot more to be done on this orange pumpkin in the back. You can see that I haven't even started on the stem. I’m hoping to get some more work done on this today. I still haven’t decided if I should make the background boards or the sky.