Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

Decorating for Halloween with quilts


It's October, and at my house, that can only mean one thing: It is almost Halloween, and time to decorate! I think I have more decorations for this holiday than for any other. Maybe because it is also my birthday, and lots of people have given me Halloween stuff for presents. Or maybe because I can't seem to stop buying it. Orange-black-white is one of my favorite color combinations.
I love to use the quilts I've made especially for Halloween to decorate the house at this time of year. The kitchen gets hit hardest. That is a wonderful black cat quilt pattern from a ”Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting” magazine a few years back hanging on the wall behind my kitchen table. I made the black nine patch on top of the hutch with scraps from another quilt. And on the door is ”Happy Haunting,” a quilt I designed and made about 5 years ago with a funny grey cat jumping out from behind a pumpkin.



1 comment:

  1. I love your hallowe'en decorations! It makes your room look so festive. I never liked black and orange before but now that I am a quilter I love it! What a fun birthday to have.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.