Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cloth Fiber Workshop


I went with some friends, Cathy and Michele, to see the Asheville Quilt Show this weekend, and after that we wandered down to Cloth Fiber Workshop, which offers workshops and classes, sustainable and organic materials and supplies, home furnishings and wearable accessories. Cloth’s owner, Barbara Zaretsky, was there, and we enjoyed talking to her about her shop, and the classes offered there. Here is Barbara with some of her beautiful work for sale at Cloth:

It is a very nice retail space, with lovely art and art supplies to purchase. (I came home with some Indigo dye, a special button and some gorgeous wool embroidery thread.)

Next to the retail space is a large classroom, with lots of wonderful art exhibited on the walls.

If you are visiting Asheville, make sure you don't miss Cloth!

Cloth Fiber Workshop
51 Thompson Street, Suite D
Asheville NC 28803
828.505.2958

1 comment:

  1. Where was this heavenly place when I was teaching in Asheville a couple of years ago? Guess I'll just have to get back there.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.