Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

2009 Barnful of Quilts


For the past two years, I’ve been taking part in Barnful of Quilts, a wonderful event hosted by Valerie Fox at her family farm in Waxhaw, NC. The show features all sorts of fiber arts (weaving, traditional quilting, art quilting), and vendors (yarn, jewelry, ceramics, fabric etc.) and it is held in Valerie's spectacular barn on what is usually a glorious, crisp fall day. The event benefits Waxhaw Presbyterian Church; this year the featured artist is Fletcher McNeil.

This year, I’m planning to be in Houston for Fall Quilt Market and Quilt Festival, so I can’t particpate. But if you are near Charlotte on Saturday, Oct. 10, don’t miss it!


Also not to be missed is an opportunity to win this quilt (below) donated by the UCo Quilters. If you want to buy tickets and can't make the event, just e-mail Valerie at vfox@windstream.net.

1 comment:

  1. glad to know about barnful of quilts. am putting it on the calendar now.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.