Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Quilt Market, Day 1, Part 2


I didn't have time to post some of yesterday's happenings at Quilt Market, so this is a catch-up post! In the photo above, Jane Sassaman is introducing her new fabric line, "Feather Your Nest," which I really love. Her apron, and the dress behind her, are made from this collection.


Kathy Miller of Michael Miller Fabrics unveiled some of their new lines with an interesting Schoolhouse session about color trends in the fabric world.



Michael Miller displayed some of their new fabric lines on huge foamcore boards at the front of the room.


Meanwhile, on the floor of the Convention Center, everyone was unpacking and preparing their booths. Here's the Quilting Arts/Interweave booth. Boxes get tossed out in the aisles for pickup later.


That's my "Trouble in the Pumpkin Patch" in the upper left. It's in the 2012 Quilting Arts Calendar, and they have all the winning quilts displayed in their booth.


Studioe Fabrics' booth features work by art quilters that uses two of their fabric lines. Three of the pieces in this photo were made by friends of mine: Linda Stegall, DeLane Rosenau, and P.J. Howard, who are all members of Fiber Art Options. Here is my "Psychedelic Peacock" hanging in their booth:

2 comments:

  1. The booth looks nice with the art quilts and your peacock looks stunning under the sign, beautiful display.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the post, Susan.
    Great to see our quilts in the display.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.