Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Animal House

Running Deep
I am honored to have 7 pieces of my work featured in the “Animal House” exhibition at Cabarrus Arts Council Galleries June 4 – July 26.

If you live in the area, I invite you to join me at the Art Walk, a huge community event that serves as the official opening reception to the show, next Friday, June 15, from 6-9 p.m. The Concord Downtown Merchants will join with us in having art displayed throughout the downtown area. The Cabarrus Arts Council Galleries are a focal point, and this will be especially true with this show. There are refreshments at several venues and folks take their time looking at art and enjoying the night.  

After the Galleries close at 9 p.m., Modern Film Fest screens an independent movie upstairs in the theater. This event, as the Art Walk, is free and open to the public. The film is “Redneck Roots”.


Psychedelic Peacock (detail)
During the Art Walk, I’ll be demonstrating how I make my work in The Galleries, along with Jennifer McCormick, who does hand-painting blended with X-rays. Please come by and say hello!

Harbinger’s Hope

The group invitational exhibition participants are: Cindy Billingsley, Pam Brewer, Richard Copeland, Lucy V. Dierks, Kim Dills, Melanie Eberhardt, Gene Furr, Laura Gaskin, Marsha Heatwole, Scott Hotaling, Susan Brubaker Knapp, Christine Kosiba, Roger Martin, Jennifer McCormick, Marcia McDade McMann, Terry Ostovar, Karen Poetzinger, Ken Sedberry, Robin Wellner, and Ali Wieboldt.

Up and Away!
EXHIBITION INFO:
The Galleries are open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 
65 Union Street South, Concord, NC
Cabarrus Arts Council
704-920-2787
www.CabarrusArtsCouncil.org

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was closer, I love your pieces and I can imagine all of the beautiful work being displayed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope I can make it! I'll try to bring my granddaughter so she can finally meet you in person and see your work! Also seeing you demo will be a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the detail shot of the peacock; I have admired him in your earlier posts, but up close he's even more special.
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! those quilts are awesome and you do such fabulous works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful works. I won't be surprised if you sell them all. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.