Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

“Rituals” exhibition is featured in Quilting Arts


It was a thrill to pull out the contents of my mail basket today and immediately recognize Judy Coates Perez’s quilt "8 of Cups," on the cover of the October/November issue of Quilting Arts magazine. The issue includes an article on the Dinner at Eight Artists’ “Rituals” exhibition. My piece, “I See the Moon,” (below) is also featured in the article. 




The quilts in the article were hand selected by Quilting Arts editor Vivika DeNegre, and include “Milo” by Jeannie Palmer Moore, Lost Rituals:  Grief by Susie Monday, “Cosmic Gears" by Loris Bogue, Sunrise Serenade by Barb Forrister, Walking with Mr. C and Scooter by Gerrie Congdon, Meditation by Karen Rips, and Boundary Waters 60 (Rock Time) by Virginia Spiegel.

If you are attending International Quilt Festival in Houston next month, don’t miss this special exhibition. I’d love to hear what you think about it.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Susan! I am thrilled that your quilt is a part of the 'Rituals' exhibit! See you in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susan! I look forward to seeing your quilt at the show. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee. Your piece is absolutely beautiful. And the Rituals exhibit is wonderful. So happy to see it included in the current issue of Quilting Arts.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    Great piece!! Congratulations! Won't be in Houston this year but have a ball!
    Michele O'Neil Kincaid
    www.fiberartdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, Congratulations! It's beautiful and I can't wait for the issue, though I won't be at Houston this year.
    Michele O'Neil Kincaid
    www.fiberartdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I have followed this pieces progress from hearing you talk about it in a workshop, to seeing it on your blog and now in the magazine. I can't wait to see it hanging in Houston, which I get to attend for the very first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the apron and your I See The Moon Quilt is stunning

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.