Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Heirloom Pumpkins, Day 3


I've added some lighter thread colors on the main pumpkin in the foreground, and it is looking more dimensional. The photos in this post were taken outside, so the colors are more true. I took the previous photos inside, under artificial lights.


I added some orange and green thread in the shadowed area, which I think is helping to make this transition not quite so sharp.


There’s a lot more to be done on this orange pumpkin in the back. You can see that I haven't even started on the stem. I’m hoping to get some more work done on this today. I still haven’t decided if I should make the background boards or the sky.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the progress for your beautiful art pieces. Such an inspiration to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching your progress. You are such in inspiration. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love how the lighter threads, highlighted the brighter shades of the pumpkin, it is really coming out beautifully.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy watching you progress through this - thanks for sharing it! Here in Australia - we roast our pumpkins with the skins on - have you tried that - great with roast potatoes, & other veggies & of course, a roast meat & gravy! We're not so big on pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,
    Yes, I have roasted pumpkin, but only for making pies! I LOVE pumpkin pie... I bet you'd like mine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.