Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Suffolk Sheep #1, painted


I have finished painting the first of the Suffolk Sheep. Tonight or tomorrow, I will try to get her stitched. I think she will look great with lots of texture in her wooly coat. I love how she looks against the bright blue background … like a clear June morning! On the photo, her face was a bit dark, so I lightened it up in Photoshop so I could see the details and paint it so that her face would be more expressive.


Here is the original photo. I think I took it in Cartmel, which is a village in the Lake District. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan! :)

    Louise in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love how she looks against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, both the photo and your painting. I like the blue of the sky and the green of his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sheep. What kinds of paint are you using to get those rich colors? And do you draw the design freehand on the fabric, just paint it, or transfer it?

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use PRO Chemical & Dye transparent textile paint. I trace lines in my photo, then put this traced line drawing behind white fabric, so that I have the basic guidelines when I start painting. Thanks for reading! :-)

      Delete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.