Saturday, December 28, 2013

“The Gift,” in progress

“The Gift” ready for thread
This is a new piece I am calling “The Gift.” It is based on this photo of a red maple leaf that I took this fall on one of my morning walks:

This is a wholecloth painted quilt; it started out as white fabric, and I am using my favorite acrylic paint, ProChemical & Dye’s Transparent Textile Paint, to paint it. Here are some photos of the painting in progress:

Next comes the thread!


  1. Wow, Susan!! This is spectacular!! Are the various shades of red just different "layers" of the transparent paint? It's so beautiful! Sure would like to take a class from you!
    Maggie in Arizona

    1. Thanks, Maggie! They are different colors of red and orange that I mixed. I'd love to have you in a class! :-)

  2. I love Fall leaves. The painting is beautiful! I am eager to see your threadwork.

  3. It is GORGEOUS! As usual! I wish everyone could take a class with you- you are such a good teacher and SO inspiring! I know I am looking forward to my next opportunity! May 2014 be your best year yet, Susan!


I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.