Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Milestones

Our family had two important milestones last week. My father turned 80 years old. And our eldest daughter, Lea, graduated from high school.


I made two handmade graduation gifts for Lea. The first was a water-colored quote (at the very top of this post). All her life, Lea has drawn cards for family and friends, and so I wanted to make one for her this time. The second gift was a quilt for her college dorm room. It is mostly purples taken from my mother’s quilting stash. Lea shared a love of the color purple with my mom.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughters graduation! They are very proud moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gifts for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the milestones! And it is wonderful that you encourage your daughter to find her path and live her dreams. (My mother is still working against me in this.) You are a shining light and generous to all!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.