Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Orange Gerbera

“Orange Gerbera”
Copyright 2015 by Susan Brubaker Knapp
approximately 24 x 34"
Here’s my latest piece. It is based on a photo I took of an orange Gerbera Daisy (you can see the photo at the bottom of this post). I took the photo on one of my morning walks through my neighborhood earlier this spring. This piece is wholecloth painted, then quilted. I haven’t faced it yet, but it will probably end up to be about 24 x 34".

Here’s a detail shot:


“Orange Gerbera” (detail)
Photo (by me) on which the fiber art is based.

5 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful piece and it looks just like the photo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece ! Love the colors and the subject .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous piece! You are so talented and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a photographer who has been bitten with the free motion quilting bug. I absolutely love your work!! You have given me the inspiration needed to continue on my path of quilting several of my photographs!!! Thank you for being who you are and sharing your talent with the world!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.