Pages

Monday, October 14, 2024

“Beloved Blue Ridge”

“Beloved Blue Ridge” (19” x 9”)
Copyright Susan Brubaker Knapp 2024
 

Want to win this piece, “Beloved Blue Ridge” (19” x 9”)?

Please help me raise money for Asheville and western North Carolina affected by Hurricane Helene. Rob and I love this area, and our elder daughter lives and works there. The organization I trust most right now to provide for immediate needs and longer-term issues like affordable housing, poverty and food insecurity is BeLoved Asheville. You may have already seen them featured on national news sources. If not, check out their Instagram and Facebook pages to see them in action. It is inspiring. 
 
The other organization I am supporting is the NC Arts Disaster Relief Fund. It is providing funding and assistance to artists and arts organizations affected by Hurricane Helene. Artists are a huge part of what makes this region so special. They help bring tourists (the area’s financial lifeblood), and enrich the culture and weird/wonderfulness of the area. Hundreds of artists lost their studios, as well as their work, materials and equipment, during this storm. Many were not well-off to start with, and need help getting back on their feet. 
 
Here's what to do:
1. Go to BeLoved Asheville’s website: https://www.belovedasheville.com/
and click on the yellow DONATE button.
OR
Go to NC Arts Disaster Relief Fund’s website: https://www.ncartsfoundation.org/donate-nc-disaster-relief
and choose a way to donate. Enter the word “RELIEF” in the description for your gift.
2. Donate any amount that is $10 or more.
3. When you get an e-mail receipt for your donation, forward that e-mail to me at susanbrubakerknapp7@gmail.com
4. For every $10 you donate, I’ll put one ticket in the hat for you. (Donate $100 and get 10 tickets.)
5. At 5 p.m. Eastern time on Nov. 15, I’ll pull one name out of the hat, and send the winner “Beloved Blue Ridge.”
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.