Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

A new vest



I just finished making this vest, using Virginia Robertson's “Long Vest/Jacket” pattern, this weekend. I used mostly Lonni Rossi fabrics (I simply adore her designs; they are really arty) that I had been hoarding for a few years. I don't usually work in brown, so this is a bit of a departure for me. It really is long – about mid calf, but it would be just as cute shorter. These photos show less than half the length of the full vest.

Here’s the back, showing the details I added with little bits of dupioni silk and threadwork:





My eight-year-old daughter has declared it “too weird for me!”

1 comment:

  1. wow! you're good. Never in my wildest dreams could I attempt something like this.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.