Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

SAQA Auction starts on Monday


A major fundraiser for Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) begins on Monday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m. Eastern time. It is the One Foot Square Auction, where you can bid on 12"-square works donated by SAQA members. My piece, “Varigated,” is shown above (and there’s a detail shot at the end of this post).

The pieces are divided into three groups for the auction. The auction for Group I will begin November 10th. My piece is in this group.

Group II will begin November 18th. And Group III will begin November 28th.

This is a reverse auction, with all pieces starting out on the first day at $750. Art quilt collectors usually snap up the pieces by well-known artists very quickly at that price. From there, the price goes down by $100 each day. On Day 2 of each auction (at 2 p.m. Eastern), the price drops to $650. The third day - $550, then $450, $350, $250, $150, and $75 (the lowest bid that will be accepted). Purchase is by credit card only.

So if you want to own a wonderful piece of fiber art and support a great organization at the same time, check it out. Even if you can’t afford to buy, take a look; it is a beautiful gallery of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.