Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Charmed, I’m sure…


My local art quilt group, the Pandoras, met today to make charms. We followed directions in the January/February 2009 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine by Elin Waterston to make charms from wood, polymer clay, and shrink film. We had a ball, and got some great results.

The blue and green charms in the photo above are polymer clay rolled on a texture plate, and then highlighted with Pearl Ex powder. Below are charms made from shrink film (similar to the ShrinkyDinks I made as a kid) stamped with StazOn, Fabrico ink and Sharpie markers:


This is a wooden disc, with a drilled hole, painted with Lumiere, and then stamped:

More polymer clay charms:

Wooden discs painted, stamped and colored with a Sharpie pen (left), and one with bits of fabric stuck on with gel medium (right):


Some of these charms are headed for Cloth Paper Scissors‘ ”Charm & Be Charmed“ swap. You can send in five charms by April 13, and get five back in June. Fun!

4 comments:

  1. Even though we had a SUPER time in JAMAICA, I am very SAD I had to miss today. You all are such a creative group and the pieces are beautiful!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a charm exchange in my group of friends we had lots of fun . sharon I sent you a pic of the charms I recieved...,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had a charm exchange in my group of friends we had lots of fun . sharon I sent you a pic of the charms I recieved...,

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.