Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Visit to the Needlechasers in Chevy Chase, MD

Debbie with her dragonfly, at the end of the Thread Sketching class.

I just got back from a visit to the fabulous Needlechasers of Chevy Chase in Maryland. What a great group they are! I gave a presentation and taught two classes, Machine Quilting 101 and Thread Sketching. I really enjoyed my time with this group. I especially appreciated their flexibility in dealing with my travel delays caused by a big snow/ice storm that hit Charlotte last Sunday night. I was supposed to fly out on Tuesday, and almost all the flights out of Charlotte’s airport were canceled that day. (It figures that this would happen the first time I flew to a presentation!) I ended up going one day late, and the program coordinators were able to jiggle my classes around with minimal disruption.

Debbie added wonderful details like the curlicues on her dragonfly’s legs.
Jan with her dragonfly.


Coralyn Colladay, my marvelous host!
Many thanks to Marina Baudoin, Debbie Lamb-Mechanick, and my host, Coralyn Colladay (shown with her dragonfly, above) for making this a great experience!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stitch work. I want to try stitch painting, would be fun to try a piece and see how I do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.