Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Once in a Blue Moon Fiber Art Retreat 2013


We had such fun this week at my Once in a Blue Moon Fiber Art Retreat in Blowing Rock, NC! Lyric Montgomery Kinard and I taught two-and-a-half days of classes – wholecloth painting, beading, embroidery, thread sketching, surface design, and elements of art. This is the second retreat I’ve held, and I’m hoping to make it an annual event. Lyric and I are already trying to find a date for next year’s event. Here are a few photos:







We had a great bunch of women attending this year. They came from North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, and even Arizona!


On Friday night, Lyric and I packed up our stuff and headed home… we were able to fit our stuff on one cart (it took two to get our stuff in!)


Blowing Rock is a gorgeous spot in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is filled with wonderful shops and restaurants. A forest fire near Table Rock in Pisgah National Forest brought in some smoke on Friday. You could smell it in the air, and from a high spot at lunch, it made the mountains look like they were cloaked in heavy fog:


If you are interested in hearing about future events, please let me know, and I can add you to my mailing list.

4 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I appreciate all of the preparation, great instruction and "guide on the side" talents that you have. My daughter and I had a wonderful retreat… meeting so many new people, enjoying Blowing Rock's great restaurants and shops, and learning so much from you and Lyric. Please keep us in the loop for next year's plans! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic retreat! Thank you so much for all the hard work you and Lyric put into the retreat. I've been using all the tips and tricks since I've been home in AZ! I look forward to hearing about other opportunities to take classes with you in the future. Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fran! It was so nice to meet you at the retreat! Lyric and I think we will do another one in 2015; we are swamped with classes and lectures for 2014. I'll be sure to let you know once we decide; we are looking at September 2015. Love to you!

      Delete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.