Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Crafting Therapy


I was in need of some crafting therapy today, so I whipped up this wonderful “Thread Ready Pincushion” by Indygo Junction (IJ856). I’ve had the pattern for several years. It was very easy to construct, and the instructions were clear and concise. It is stuffed with polyester fiber-fill, and a piece of cording around the perimeter of the pincushion section in the center holds the spools of thread in place.  

The pattern comes with templates for several sizes; this is the smallest one. (The pattern tells you what size and type of thread spools fit in the different size pincushions.) I think it will be nice for appliqué or hand quilting on the go.

I used my hand-dyed fabrics and finished it with varigated perle cotton and an antique glass button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.