Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fish, again


Okay, I’m back at work on “We All Swim Together,” after more than a year’s hiatus. It now has 11 species painted. (I've sketched 33.) The section above is about 57" wide. The photo is a bit fuzzy because I took it under not-so-great lighting conditions with it spread out on our king-size bed today.

Part of the reason it’s taking me so long is that this is a big piece (it may end up being 100" square!) and I don’t have enough space in my 14' x 14' home studio to keep it out all the time. I’m painting on my cutting table, so when other projects or class preparation are taking place, it can’t stay out. 

If you are curious about this piece, please read my previous posts.

Here’s my progress in the last few days: I got three new fish painted! They are the Spotted Weever:



The Giant Guitarfish:



and the Atlantic Salmon (freshwater form):



 
My cat Wicked loves it!

3 comments:

  1. Has it really been a year? My how time flies... and its not even my project!!! I was just wondering what had happened to it, a couple of weeks ago... and now we know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat Wicked has the catch of the day!
    those fish are amazing and colorful. how do you choose which ones to paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonja! I'm choosing some of the fish because they are beautiful or interesting, but some of them were chosen because they are endangered due to over-fishing, pollution or climate change. The title "We All Swim Together" is a statement about how all species (including humans) are linked together on this earth. We all sink or swim together!

      Delete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.