Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Behind the scenes of QATV Series 2000

Here’s a look at the talent at the shoot (in Cleveland in March) for Quilting Arts Series 2000. It’s aired on about 400 U.S. Public Television stations, but if it’s not shown in your area, you can also purchase it now on DVD and digital download

Pepper Cory







Sherry Kleinman







Lisa Walton







Jenny Lyon



 


Cathie Hoover




Martha Wolfe









Enid Gelten Weichselbaum









 Laurie Russman



Malka Dubrawsky






Timna Tarr






Sarah Ann Smith










Behind the scenes

Vivika Hansen DeNegre, Quilting Arts magazine editor, and me with a cake to celebrate the show’s tenth anniversary. It was started by Pokey Bolton, founder of Quilting Arts magazine, and producer Kathie Stull of KS Productions. 
Early morning view from my car, coming into the studio. I’m the first one into makeup at 7:30 a.m.

One of the cameras on set.


Kristine Lundblad, associate editor of Quilting Arts, helps carry Cathie Hoover’s jacket to the set.
Bernina sponsors the show, and provides us with all the state-of-the-art machines we have on set. 
Jeanne Delpit of Bernina USA gets a machine ready on set. (She’s from Florida, and yes, she’s so cold that she’s wearing a scarf and fingerless gloves!)
Lisa Walton headed into dinner, in a blizzard. She’s from Australia, and doesn’t see much snow, so she had to get this photo to prove the conditions in Cleveland to her friends back home.


Crew hanging one of Lisa Walton’s quilts.

Timna Tarr gets wired for her microphone. 

Sarah Ann Smith gets her paint ready.

 I made the rosettes to decorate the set and celebrate the tenth anniversary.


3 comments:

  1. I get 3 different PBS stations and none carry Quilting Arts. I so wish at least one would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that! You might try writing your stations to tell them. I've heard that a few groups have petitioned successfully. It is usually a matter of funding, though.

      Delete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.