Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

“On the Run”: A free pattern

“On the Run”
Copyright 2018 by Susan Brubaker Knapp
18x18"
My latest piece, “On the Run,” is made entirely with fabrics from Jamie Fingal’s new fabric line, “Sewing 101,” for RJR Fabrics. The line will be in fabric stores starting in April 2018. It is super cute, and features sewing notions – pincushions, rotary cutters, scissors, spools of thread, buttons – on brightly colored fabrics and blacks and whites. 



The scissors are tiny bits of different fabrics sewn together, and reverse appliquéd under the white fabric. I quilted it with perle cotton around the scissors, and then echo machine stitching. The binding is little strips of many of the fabrics, all sewn together. 



The pattern is available – as a free PDF download – on my website!

4 comments:

  1. This looks super cute! I'm going to have make this! Can't wait for those fun fabrics to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super cute! I'm going to have make this! Can't wait for those fun fabrics to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super cute! I'm going to have make this! Can't wait for those fun fabrics to come out!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.