Monday, July 28, 2008
Rust dyeing experiment #2
Yep, vinegar works better. Tying the rusty objects into the fabric also helps. Here are the same rusty bottlecaps I used yesterday, only I used rubberbands to tightly tie them into the fabric. Then I put vinegar into a plastic bag with the fabric and let it steep for about 12 hours. Voila! The shot above shows most of the fat quarter.
And here's a detail shot:
The stains are darker and more well defined. And the rest of the fabric is a light reddish brown color, too. Next time, I'm using vinegar instead of salt.
Posted by Susan Brubaker Knapp at 8:07 PM 1 comment:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)