Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Beading: A new obsession?


I was inspired recently by the work of some Fiber Art Options friends, Nancy G. Cook and Janet A. Lasher, who do gorgeous beading on their work. Fiber Art Options is a group of Charlotte area fiber artists. We all have different styles, and use different techniques and materials in our work, but have in common our love of fiber art.

I went home and pulled out my beads and started playing. The blue circle in the upper right corner is built around a metal washer. I can see why so many people love beading. It really is addictive. Probably a good thing that I am busy with all my other projects, or I’d be in deep.

Still, it made me want to try more, and maybe take a class in beading. I’ll put it on my “to do” list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.