Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

SAQA Frontiers: Art Meets Science

I just got the news that two of my pieces were juried in to the Studio Art Quilt Associates’ exhibition “SAQA Frontiers: Art Meets Science.” They are Lepidoptera and Coleus, shown below.





My friend Nancy G. Cook also had her piece, Southern Hospitality, juried in. There were 147 entries, and juror David Fraser, MD, selected 35 for the exhibition.

This exhibition will travel to the 2010 Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England. Additional venues are to be determined. This exhibit “explores the unexpected intersections of two seemingly different disciplines, Art and Science. The works focus on inspiration from scientific theories or phenomena expressed in new or unexpected ways, from the harmonies of randomness to the dynamics produced by scientific imagery.”

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks to be an interesting show. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I love both of these. I didn't enter because I thought too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being in the show, those are beautiful pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    We met at the Alzheimer's booth in Houston. I've been following your blog and just love these 2 pieces. Congratulations, on well deserved pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the theme of the show. Your pieces will be well traveled!! Continued success!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Susan! These two pieces are both innovative and beautiful. Do you know the dates for the show in Birmingham?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.