Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Business card holders: Whip up a quick gift!

 

Want to whip up a quick and easy handmade gift? Try my stenciled and stitched business card holders! The directions are in today’s Cloth Paper Scissors Today e-mail newsletter. The project will be featured in the upcoming season of Quilting Arts TV (series 700). 


I used metallic textile paint and stencils from Crafter’s Workshop to stencil the designs on batik fabrics, then accentuated the designs with machine free-motion stitching. You can purchase some of these stencils at Embellishment Village and Quilting Arts. Here are some of the results up close:







The 700 series of Quilting Arts TV is now available for pre-order, and is expected to be available at the end of the year, so if your public TV station doesn’t carry it, you can still see all the great episodes by ordering the DVD. I’m featured in three episodes.


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the gift idea...love these little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely holders! I have one that I use for all those "cards" you get...the ones you show to get a discount at various stores. When I travel, I just leave that one home and lighten the load in my purse!

    Cheers Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful design..i would like to keep it in mind and will use when i need it for business cards.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.