Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Two more teaching gigs

I am pleased to announce that I’ll be teaching at two more exciting venues in 2013! 

The first is North Carolina Quilt Symposium 2013 at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC from May 23-26. I taught at the 2010 symposium, and it was fabulous. (My only complaint was that I couldn't take any classes from their fabulous lineup of teachers, because I was busy teaching, too!) The 2013 Symposium is hosted by the Tarheel Quilters Guild of Fayetteville.

NC Quilt Symposium generally brings in 20-25 nationally known teachers, and students come from across the country (sometimes from around the world). So far, they have lined up Valerie Bothell, Hollis Chatelain, Augusta Cole, Aby Dolinger, Nancy Eha, Kaye England, Sandy Fitzpatrick, Harrit Hargrave, Leni Levenson Wiener, Mary Lou McDonald, Judith Baker Montano, Sue Nickels, Annette Ornelas, Linda Pool, Sharon Schamber, Anita Grossman Solomon, Jane Townswick, Janice Vaine, Beth Wheeler & Lori Marquette, and Amy Stewart Winsor.

And then from June 3-6, 2013, I have been invited to teach for Quilting Adventures at the Deep Woods Retreat in Smithville, Texas, in the Texas Hill Country. Those classes will focus on wholecloth painting and thread sketching. Quilting Adventures, founded in 2007, is now run by the mother-daughter team of Debby Walters and Kim Buchanan, who took over in 2011.

Quilting Adventures offers all-inclusive events of organized and creative instruction, with “comfortable accommodations, delicious food, evening entertainment, the camaraderie of friends and a heavy dose of Hill County hospitality.” 

Details about my classes will be available later this year.

Please make plans to join me in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.