Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cosmic Cosmos


This piece, which I am calling “Cosmic Cosmos,” is all stitched and ready for facing. I am donating it to the International Quilt Association’s Silent Auction, which will take place at International Quilt Festival in Houston later this month. If you are going to Festival, please bid this baby up!

Here are some detail shots.



This is a wholecloth painted quilt (which means I started with white cotton fabric and painted the design), quilted with Aurifil Cotton Mako 50- and 40-weight thread. 


It is based on this photo I took on my iPhone while out walking my dog one morning last week. I post these photos regularly on Facebook; I call them “Beauty on my Morning Walk” because I look for lovely and interesting things that make me feel happy to be alive. (If you are not my Facebook friend and would like to be, please send me a message and a request!)

2 comments:

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.