Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Castle Hill

 

Castle Hill
Copyright 2024 Susan Brubaker Knapp
17.5 x 11"


I attended my godson’s wedding last weekend at a gorgeous venue outside of  Charlottesville, Virginia. We arrived early and sat in our car waiting until it was time to go to the ceremony, and I took a photo of the beautiful meadow, some in sunshine and some in shadow, with the lovely mountains and forests in the background. This piece is based on that photo, and I'm giving it to my godson and his new bride. 

Batik fabric, cotton thread, interfacing, cotton backing. Raw-edge applique, free-motion quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.