Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2025

“Our House”

 

 

“Our House”
Copyright Susan Brubaker Knapp 2025
17” x 25”

White fabric, acrylic textile paint, interfacing, cotton batting, cotton backing. Painted, stenciled, free-motion machine quilted. 

These words are from the song “Our House” on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young’s 1970 album, Déjà Vu.

… I'll light the fireYou place the flowers in the vaseThat you bought today
 
… Staring at the fireFor hours and hours while I listen to youPlay your love songs all night long for meOnly for me
 
… Come to me now (come to me now)And rest your head for just five minutesEverything is doneSuch a cozy room (such a cozy room)The windows are illuminatedBy the evening sunshine through themFiery gems for you, only for you
 
… Our house is a very, very, very fine houseWith two cats in the yardLife used to be so hardNow everything is easy 'cause of youAnd our
 
… La-la, la-la-la-la-laLa-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-laLa-la-la-la-la-la-laLa-la-la-la-la-la-la-laLa-la, la-la-la-la-laLa-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-laLa-la-la-la-la-la-la
 
… Our house is a very, very, very fine houseWith two cats in the yardLife used to be so hardNow everything is easy 'cause of you And our
 
… I'll light the fireWhile you place the flowers in the vaseThat you bought today




1 comment:

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.