Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Appliqué Academy graduates


Today was the last meeting in a six-month needleturn appliqué class called Appliqué Academy that I've been teaching at the Quilters Loft Company in Mooresville.

Six students came to this meeting to show off their marvelous work and get their highly coveted Certificates of Completion. It was fun to see how different - and wonderful! - their quilts looked in their individual fabric and color choices. Most of these students had never done needleturn appliqué before, and by the end of a few classes, they were turning out absolutely beautiful work. We used a pattern in Piece O' Cake's latest book on needleturn appliqué, The New Appliqué Sampler: Learn to Appliqué the Piece O’ Cake Way, which I highly recommend. It has great photos to walk you through every step. A few students had not finished their samplers, but brought in other projects to share. This was a wonderful, friendly group to teach. Thanks, everyone, for making it so fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.