Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Red Coleus ready for SAQA Benefit Auction


I just finished my small piece, Red Coleus, for the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) Benefit Auction.

This year’s auction will begin on Monday, September 20 at 2 p.m. Eastern time. Each piece will start at $750, and go down in price each day, to $550, $350, $250, $150 and $75. Last year, 235 members donated quilts that raised $47,325 for SAQA.

Red Coleus is about 12" square, and is a quilted wholecloth painted piece. Here’s a detail shot:



Here’s a link to the page where my piece is displayed with the others that have been submitted so far: http://www.saqa.com/newsebulletins/Squares_10_1.aspx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt, Susan! It's absolutely scumptious.
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red coleus...particularly like the stitching. Kudos, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    That is gorgeous and you really captured the true nature and colors of a coleus leaf.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just "feel"the texture.......fabulous piece, here's hoping it sells first time on the block

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous, you have really captured the coleus. I would love to own this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. It is wonderful to be able to view these pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so life like it's uncanny! I'm sure it will be snapped up in the first few minutes of the auction.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.